Are you frightened of traditional braces? Do you want orthodontic that even enhance your smile and also position your teeth? If Yes! Then Invisalign is the best selection for you.
Besides traditional braces, Invisalign is transparent aligners made up of plastic.
And the plastic used in the composition of aligners is solid enough to put pressure on the teeth and align them on their actual position.
It is not visible on your teeth; that’s the reason 4 million teens and adults decide Invisalign.
From the name Invisalign, you can get a clear idea about them. Invisalign means invisible aligners. Invisalign are braces that move your teeth to a better position.
But instead of metal, they use clear tray braces.
Invisalign manufacture these aligners in their amenities and compose them from their blend of plastic.
A digital tooth scan of your teeth is created by taking a mold of them.
According to this digital model, your aligners will be designed for all stages, as this computer-aided design represents different stages from the current tooth position to the desired area of teeth.
It assures the shifting of your teeth to your desired position, on which you and your dentist was agreed.
Besides, these aligners are custom fit and unique to your teeth.
Invisalign helps you if your teeth need serious work or you have slightly crooked teeth. It assures the better positioning of your teeth by maintaining your beautiful, healthy smile. Also, you can remove clear aligners whenever you want on any special occasion.
With Invisalign, you have the liberty of eating, smile, laugh whenever and wherever you want.
If you have experienced a relapse after fix orthodontic treatment, then you should consider Invisalign. Aligners are also ideal for you if you want to keep your orthodontics discreet.
Besides this, clear aligners are also a safe choice if you want to treat:
- Gapped teeth
The Invisalign process
The process of getting Invisalign starts with you.
- Firstly, go to your dentist for a consultation.
- Your dentist will check you are able for Invisalign, i.e., they check your oral health and observe your smile.
- After this, he will take your mouth’s impression.
- Then Invisalign designs your customized aligners.
- Afterward, your dentist will create your treatment plan.
- In the process of getting Invisalign, your dentist act as your partner in achieving the desired results.
As Invisalign employs clear tray braces, these are replaced every two weeks as you need to wear each aligner for two weeks.
And after every replacement, you will feel a change in the aligner tray.
because these are designed in such a manner that aligners will continue to move and shift your teeth.
A plus point of using Invisalign instead of traditional braces is that instead of wearing conventional braces for 24/7, you can wear Invisalign for only 20-22 hours a day.
Besides, you can also remove the clear aligners easily whenever you want to eat or on special occasions. And when you’re going to brush or floss the teeth.
Apart from this, you need to understand that Invisalign is braces, not retainers. As retainers only hold your teeth, whereas braces move and shift your teeth to shape your jaw and consequently mouth.
The aftercare of Invisalign includes the use of a retainer.
After Invisalign works to move your teeth back, a retainer will hold them in their new location.
You can use a removable retainer or a fixed retainer that got cemented with your teeth.
In the beginning, your dentist will ask you to wear retainers for the whole day. And soon afterward, he will allow you to wear them only at night.
Invisalign VS Braces
- Invisalign are made up of clear plastic unlike this; braces are made up of metal.
- Braces are visible, but aligners are transparent.
- You can wear aligners for 20-22 hours a day, but in the case of braces, you have to wear them 24/7 a day.
- You need to brush and floss teeth with braces on them, whereas you can remove Invisalign while brushing or flossing your teeth.
- In the case of braces, you need to visit your dentist regularly for the tightening of your braces while with Invisalign, you can make a visit to your dentist for possible checkups.
- Braces require the final removal of them; on the other hand, Invisalign only needs the last consultation.
- Braces are ideal for those with a severe condition. Contrary to this, clear aligners also suit serious diseases and as well as does not disturb your appearance.
Tips To Get Maximum Results FromInvisalign
If you want to get maximum results from your aligner, then consider the following tips:
- Wear your aligner all the time that your dentist prescribes to you.
- Maintain good oral health.
- Keep your teeth clean.
- Wear the retainer as prescribed by the dentist to ensure that your teeth remain in their new position.
Benefits of Invisalign
Besides the advantages as mentioned earlier of clear aligners, some other captivating benefits of them are:
- The first and foremost benefit of wearing an Invisalign is that it is transparent. So when you wear them, they are not visible.
- This invisibility of clear aligners also boosts up your confidence.
- It enhances your beautiful, healthy smile, and you did not hesitate to smile in public because of braces.
- You can easily remove aligners while cleaning your teeth or eating.
- The treatment span is faster than traditional braces.
- Invisalign did not take much time to complete treatment.
- You did not need to visit your dentist to tighten braces regularly.
- It ensures more comfort than traditional braces as aligners gradually move teeth.
Besides Invisalign, there are some other alternatives in the field of clear aligners.
Smile Direct Club
Smile Direct Club enables you to make a pattern of your teeth at home by providing at-home impression kits. Then you can mail this design to the smile direct club.
Smile Direct Club then send your customized aligners. And you can use them as instructed.
But in this procedure, you will not get a certified dental consultation that is not good for your oral health and a lifetime smile.
Another con, in this case, is that a dental professional will review your mold instead of a certified dentist.
These braces are placed behind your teeth, and they are not visible when you smile. It will help you if you concern about your appearance.
You can also call lingual braces as clear correct. The cost of clear correct depends upon how complicated your case is.
Lingual braces make use of clear, ceramic, or metal brackets.
Treatment time of clear correct and Invisalign is the same. But it depends upon the severity of the case.